For those who like to manifest reality, especially in their lives and in their businesses. This blog is the vehicle of imparting much of what I have and continue to learn.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Leaving Home, Returning

I don't always want to go out housesitting. Sometimes, when I have been home for awhile, it is difficult to leave again. I pack up my food, arrange for my mail to stop (if it's a long time assignment), pack my clothes and stage everything for my morning get-a-away to where ever I'm going.

But my heart is heavy as I sit in my chair that last night before I leave. I say good-bye to my house by clearing off the counters, making sure the computer is safely closed, night lights turned on, curtains drawn. It's like a night time ritual for my house. I put it to sleep until my return.

When I return, I say hello again to the sleeping house, bring in all my gear, sit and absorb the atmosphere. I'm always grateful for my own bed to sleep in, and I don't always unpack the first night. The next day, I begin to bring my house back to life. By day two, or three I'm back in the swing and the yard gets watered, the car gets cleaned out, I begin a fun time at home until the next assignment.

No comments: